Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Vitamins and supplements

While I'm not a big fan of fructose in a vitamin or supplement, I'm willing to overlook it since it's nearly impossible to find products that fit our needs. Here's what my kids take: Nature's Plus Source of Life Animal Parade Children's Chewable Multi-Vitamin & Mineral Supplement with Whole Food Concentrate (or more simply "pews" as my 2 year old calls them). I called and the lovely Diane was able to answer my question with no problem, telling me that it is a common inquiry. Personally I'd put it right on the packaging or the website, but I guess I'm not in charge ;)

I'm going to be spammy here for a minute. We get most of our vitamins and supplements from Vitacost and iherb.com (referral code HOB764). I've ordered many many times from both of these companies. I've never had a problem with either of them- they ship fast (and free, with a minimum order which I find is often easy to reach) and everything is well packaged.

Actually I take that back. My most recent order with Vitacost included 4 things of Organic Better than Boullion (2 beef, 2 chicken- I was told the maltodextrin for the organic- NOT the others- is not corn derived)......one of the beef flavor came with no safety seal, and this particular company doesn't have a seal under the cap as a backup measure. I called Vitacost- they apologized profusely, told me to toss the one without the seal, and shipped me a new one at no cost (I called Friday, the replacement arrived Monday).

I f you use my link for Vitacost, you'll get $10 (and so will I!) and if you use my referral code HOB764 at iherb.com you'll get a free $5 and I'll get a percentage, which I'm always grateful for.

 As an aside- I will be linking a LOT of products. This is so you can see what I'm talking about, product-wise. I do not receive compensation for this. If at any time I will benefit from a link, I'll be honest with you and tell you (like I did above). I hate reading blogs that sound like a self promoting infomercial, and I don't want to be one of those ;)

 Back to supplements.....another that they take is DDS Plus Probiotics by UAS Laboratories.

 Yet another is fish oil from Childlife, in strawberry flavor. Neither of the kids really loves it- but it's fish oil so I'm just happy that I can get them to take it (they're not "allowed" to have the Animal Parades until they take it- yes, my poor deprived children think taking the chewable vitamins is a treat).

No comments:

Post a Comment